Customizing your iPhone to your liking helps you find the apps you need as quickly as possible, making you a more efficient smartphone user. No one wants to hunt and peck around miscellaneous screens in search of a particular app, especially when you have more important things to contend with.
Want to learn to rearrange the apps on your phone? Read on.
The quick step-by-step instructions
Apple has made it super simple to customize your home screen. Apps can be rearranged into a more natural position, moved from one screen to another, or added to a folder of similar apps.
Move apps from one position to another
If the icon for an app you use frequently is at the bottom of your home screen and you’d like to move it to the top of your screen or somewhere in the middle, you can do that. Here’s how:
- Tap and hold the app icon you wish to move
- Once the app icon begins to shake and you see an “x” in the upper-right corner of the app, simply drag that app to its new location with your finger
Move apps from one screen to another
Your iPhone can have multiple home screens on which you can store various apps and folders. Swiping right to left lets you move freely through the various home screens you’ve already set up.
If you have an app you rarely use, you may wish to move it from the first home screen, which the screen you see when you first open your iPhone, to another home screen that you access less frequently. You can move apps to another screen by doing the following:
- Tap and hold the icon you want to move to a new screen
- When the app icons begin to shake, drag the app to either the left or right, depending on which screen you wish the icon to go.
- Hold the icon at the very edge of the screen as if you were physically moving it off the screen. Doing this will move it to the next screen over or create a new home screen.