Do you have this kids Nook app and would like to review it? Please leave your review in the comments before and if we select it as our “featured review” we’ll give you a $10 gift certificate to the Nook store! Overview
Color & Draw is a complete artistic solution for NOOK Color by Barnes & Noble. It invites kids to draw free style or color. Coloring pages have voice over invitations to get their creative juices flowing.
Launch Sale: 50% off.
***Gallery bug experienced by a few users who couldn’t save their drawings was FIXED in current version 1.1 as of Dec 24th 2011***
***iPad edition was the Winner of Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Award 2010***
It is really 2 apps in 1
1. A drawing and sketching app with white and black backgrounds
2. A coloring book app with 50 exquisite drawings of fun topics including animals, professions and landscapes.
Digital coloring books can be entertaining, but they can instill passivity in kids. Tap and a color field automatically fills a shape. Or, paint and the app keeps your color stroke within the lines for you. This gets boring fast. Apps that only offer blank pages for ‘free drawing’ can be a little intimidating for the youngest children. And many so-called activity books are too ambiguous or too difficult for little children to decode on their own, leaving them asking: “Dad, what do I draw now?” and “Mom, what am I supposed to do here?”
Tipitap pushes the limits of traditional coloring apps harnessing the possibilities of the touch screen environments. Color&Draw boasts beautifully crafted, specially designed springboard drawings, voice recorded invitations for all drawing for children to add to or complete the drawings, a lovely color palette, multiple stroke and erasers, and stickers. Kids or they parents can share their creations via email or save them to the device’s gallery.
The drawings are simple enough for young children to explore drawing and colors, to go beyond realism and to expand the limits of their imagination. The voice prompt invitations give kids autonomy over the app. Each illustration presents an opportunity to enhance both skills and imagination. And, of course, to have fun with art making.
* 50 cute and smart, custom illustrations by our professional art department
* 25+ stickers for endless fun.
* Fun, age-appropriate themes: animals, professions and natural settings
* Save drawings to the in-app Art Gallery, your device photo album or share them via email
* Real finger painting. Not the classic “the-machine-fills-it-for-you” app engine! Kids develop and improve their fine motor skills and creativity.
* Limited curated color palette.
* Multiple eraser options