The Bippolo Seed is a collection of 7 lesser known Dr Seuss stories and, like other books from omMedia, is a solidly good app. Fans of Dr. Seuss will especially love this addition to the collection of Dr. Seuss eBooks and will surely become a bedtime favorite.
Unlike many ebook apps on the market, omMedia’s books no not include any fun extras, instead it really is an eBook more than an app. While this always puts omMedia books at a disadvantage when thinking about it as an app, I really appreciate it when it comes to picking a great story to read at bedtime without unwanted distractions and games.
Like all omMedia stories the app includes:
App features include:
- Read to Me
- Read to Myself
- Auto Play
- Text highlighting
- Picture / Word interactions on each page
Dr Seuss is always great and these “lost stories” are bound to delight. Don’t expect any games or other fun extras.
It’s the literary equivalant of buried treasure! Seven delightfully entertaining lost Dr. Seuss stories, originally published in magazines in the 1950s, have now been given new life as interactive omBooks! No Seuss fan (whether scholar or second-grader) will want to miss this collection!
As you explore these whimsical treasures, you’ll discover characters and themes that hint at some of Dr. Seuss’s greatest works. Enjoy a special look inside the brilliant mind of the great Dr. Seuss when he was hitting his stride as a writer and illustrator. This rarely seen collection of stories – an absolute must-have for Dr. Seuss fans – may soon become your new favorite!
The Seven Lost Stories of Dr. Seuss includes:
- – The Bippolo Seed: a mischievous, greedy cat leads an innocent duck astray
- – The Bear, the Rabbit, and the Zinniga-Zanniga: a single eyelash saves a rabbit from an insecure bear
- – Gustav the Goldfish: a boy overfeeds his pet fish, causing it to outgrow its surroundings
- – Tadd and Todd: identical twins in search of their individuality
- – Steak for Supper: Seussian creatures follow a boy home hoping for a steak dinner
- – The Strange Shirt Spot: a boy who can’t seem to get dirt off of his shirt and everything else around him
- – The Great Henry McBride: a day-dreaming boy fantasizes about wild careers.
New features only available in this omBook include professional narration by four different voice actors, custom music and sound, and original artwork with enhanced color. To promote reading in young children, individual words are highlighted as the story is read, individual words can be read aloud, and words zoom up when pictures are touched. By combining the original text and artwork of Dr. Seuss with features that entertain and promote reading, this omBook appeals to readers of all ages.
Three ways to read this omBook (Oceanhouse Media digital book):
- ★ Picture / Word association — words zoom up and are spoken when pictures are touched
- ★ Individual words highlight and are read aloud when tapped
- ★ Professional audio narration by four different actors
- ★ Custom background audio for each scene
- ★ Pages pan & zoom to accentuate the beautiful, original art of Dr. Seuss
- ★ This ‘Universal App’ is optimized for Retina displays and the iPad